Alex and Oliver Burnside reopened the doors of The Plough and Sail in April 2012. The twin brothers aim to offer their customers delicious food and drink, a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere and exceptional service. Chef Oliver has a passion for quality, seasonal food, using produce from his local suppliers wherever possible and front-of-house Alex enjoys serving customers a range of draught lagers and ales, soft drinks and a fantastic wine list.
Whether you choose a light, casual meal or a formal dinner in our restaurant, the menus feature traditional favourites, the best of modern British cuisine and dishes influenced from around the world. Every dish is cooked and presented with flair and imagination and is accompanied by a superb wine list.
The Plough and Sail comprises of a spacious restaurant, the original older part of the pub (of which dogs are welcome), including a cosy snug, and an intimate balcony area, perfect for private parties. There is also seating at the front of the pub and a courtyard area at the back where warm summer evenings and lazy Sundays can be enjoyed. We hope to see you soon!
Alex and Oliver also run the Regatta Restaurant in Aldeburgh and The Golden Key, located in Snape village which has accommodation. Click here for further information.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more details on our events and theme nights!
Coronavirus Safety Measures
Update following the government guideline changes:
Whilst we are looking forward to moving on after 16 months of Covid closures and uncertainty we are aware and mindful that many people will continue to feel unsure. With this in mind we are keeping some of the previous precautions in place, of which we hope strikes the right balance between keeping staff and customers safe and at ease whilst ensuring your time with us is enjoyable:
• Many of our front of house staff will continue to wear masks to support those who may not have been vaccinated.
• We will encourage customers to wear masks when walking around inside the premises but will not insist.
• We will no longer take contact details but our NHS Track and Trace app details will remain to check in if desired.
• We will continue to follow our robust and systematic cleaning procedures of all areas and customer touch points. Our hand sanitising stations will still be in place and we continue to clean our menus etc after single use.
• Table service will remain, our bar stools will continue to be stored away for the time being and congregating by the bar discouraged.
Thank you as always for your continued support – it has meant so much over the last months.
Alex, Oli and the team at The Plough and Sail, The Golden Key and Regatta Restaurant.
Bedrooms at The Golden Key:
Our sister pub in Snape has three ensuite bedrooms! To book or for further information call 01728688510!
- We have our own in-house laundry and therefore all our linen will be washed and ironed to the correct temperatures
- PPE will be used by all housekeepers where appropriate
- The rooms will be cleaned thoroughly following a guest’s stay, with all hard surfaces then wiped down with disinfectant
- If you stay for two nights or more, our team will discuss your requirements for cleaning.