We will be implementing the following measures when we re-open.
Coronavirus Update – we are delighted to reopen our doors on the 4th July!
The Plough and Sail, Snape – open for drinks and food all day from 12pm
The Golden Key, Snape – open for brunch, lunch and dinner service from 10am, as well as takeaway options (see below)
Regatta Restaurant, Aldeburgh – running a takeaway menu all day from 12pm, as well as brand new lunch and dinner menus
Takeaway and Collection from The Golden Key – preorder on 01728688510
Friday Night 5-8pm Fish and Chips / Battered Sausage and Chips / Halloumi and Chips – £8
Sunday Roast 12-3pm – Local roast beef or roast pork with all the trimmings – only £10 or homemade nut roast for £8
Kids and over 70s portions available!
Pub 2 Plate Ready Meals – treat yourself to a night in and take the hassle out of the cooking! Our Pub 2 Plate service is up and running with new dishes being added – home-made ready meals, available for delivery.
Each meal has been homemade in Snape, using quality ingredients and local suppliers where possible.
For more information and a list of dishes, please visit www.goldenkeysnape.co.uk/ready-meals
Bespoke Dinner Parties – we are happy to discuss a dinner party menu for any special occasions you may have. We will talk through your individual requirements and preferences and provide you with the ingredients and cooking instructions for a full course dinner. Please ring Alex at the Regatta on 01728452011 for further information.
Coronavirus Safety Measures
Whilst we have been closed we have been working hard behind the scenes to get everything ready to safely reopen our pubs and restaurant, in line with government advice.
Our pubs, restaurant and public areas:
- We will increase the provision for outdoor dining while ensuring one metre plus between tables
- We will put in place robust and systematic cleaning procedures of all areas and guest touch points
- All team members will be fully trained on the new procedures. Staff members will not be allowed to work if there are any concerns
- Antibacterial gel dispensers will be easily and readily available throughout our properties.
- Our menus will be laminated and wiped down after single use.
- All staff, kitchen and front-of-house will be wearing PPE.
Bedrooms at The Golden Key:
- We have our own in-house laundry and therefore all our linen will be washed and ironed to the correct temperatures
- PPE will be used by all housekeepers where appropriate
- The rooms will be cleaned thoroughly following a guest’s stay, with all hard surfaces then wiped down with disinfectant
- If you stay for two nights or more, our team will discuss your requirements for cleaning.
Alex and Oliver Burnside reopened the doors of The Plough and Sail in April 2012. The twin brothers aim to offer their customers delicious food and drink, a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere and exceptional service. Chef Oliver has a passion for quality, seasonal food, using produce from his local suppliers wherever possible and front-of-house Alex enjoys serving customers a range of draught lagers and ales, soft drinks and a fantastic wine list.
Whether you choose a light, casual meal or a formal dinner in our restaurant, the menus feature traditional favourites, the best of modern British cuisine and dishes influenced from around the world. Every dish is cooked and presented with flair and imagination and is accompanied by a superb wine list.
The Plough and Sail comprises of a spacious restaurant, the original older part of the pub (of which dogs are welcome), including a cosy snug, and an intimate balcony area, perfect for private parties. There is also seating at the front of the pub and a courtyard area at the back where warm summer evenings and lazy Sundays can be enjoyed. We hope to see you soon!
Alex and Oliver also run the Regatta Restaurant in Aldeburgh and The Golden Key, located in Snape village which has accommodation. Click here for further information.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more details on our events and theme nights!